Monday 29 December 2014

Margot

This is the opening scene to a short film that I have been working on :

I'm considering adding to it.
I feel like it could be it's own body of work without anything added.
On the other hand , I feel the need to cut out the unnecessary parts of this sequence to get the film off to an interesting start , in such a way that will captivate the audience.
I have three options;
1. To continue to work on this project and develop this character further.
2. Make a serious of short introductory sequences similar to this one and release as interconnecting  character profiles for one short film.
3.Abandon and start something new.

Any thoughts?

Another issue is the name of the character- I see her as Margot , however if I call her Margot I don't want to seem as though I'm making a very pale attempt at a Wes Anderson style directorial.
{due to the name of one of his characters , Margot Tenenbaum}
I don't want to look like a wannabe.
Although I guess I sort of am , I love Wes and all of his films.


I have decided in the last two minutes to stick with name.I don't care what people say , I'm making this film for me.
For self expression and creativity.To put myself out there , open to criticisms.
I say this all at the risk of sounding like a pretentious twat.
Also , if you have any queries feel free to email me at : artorwhatever@gmail.com
Kate
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment